National Speakers Association (NSA) Presentation Options
With Laura Stack, MBA, CSP
NSA President, 2011-2012
Laura will be delighted to present at your NSA chapter or International Convention.
For International Conventions, Laura offers her 45-minute general session keynote: How to Become a Wealthy, In-Demand Speaker: Three Things That Absolutely Work. Laura explores the words “Successful,” “Productive,” and “Professional” as they relate to speaking and shares lessons she’s learned in almost 20 years in business.
For NSA chapter programs and/or convention breakout sessions, select from one of the following presentations (click for description):
1. Cool Productivity Tools: Using Technology to Stay Organized, Efficient, and Connected
2. Organizing the Speaker’s Office: Setting up Your Systems for Success
3. Mastering the World of Professional Relationships in the Speaking Business
4. Sleeping in Your Own Bed: How to Get More Local Business and Love Staying Home!
5. Creating a Killer Brand: the Making of The Productivity Pro®
6. How Speakers Can Use Video to Get Booked and Stay Booked!
After her presentation, Laura requests 10 minutes to update chapter member on NSA national activities and take questions.
Laura prefers to:
• Fly in the afternoon before the meeting.
• Be picked up at the airport and driven to the hotel.
• Join your board or chapter members for an early dinner that evening.
• Turn in early.
• Present for 90 minutes to 2 hours (maximum) in the morning (before lunch).
• Have books available for sale.
• Use an LCD projector and wireless lavaliere microphone.
• Fly back out that same afternoon.
Holding a date
To hold a date, please email this information to Laura@TheProductivityPro.com:
• Contact information for your program coordinator.
• Requested program date, schedule, and location.
• Desired topic from the list above.
• For international conventions, Laura will confirm attendance one year out.
• For NSA chapters, Laura will “hold” the date until three months out. In the event that a conflict occurs and Laura can’t confirm her attendance, she will help you find a suitable replacement speaker (NSA leader, board member, or CSP).
• Laura will only present once per chapter during her VP, President-Elect, President, and Past Presidential terms of office.
Invoicing and Reimbursement
Laura will invoice the chapter for any out-of-pocket travel expenses including airfare, hotel, meals, or ground transportation not covered or provided by the chapter.
NSA headquarters will reimburse a chapter $175 once a year for the visit of one of the NSA leadership team officers: President, President-Elect or Vice President. To receive reimbursement, chapters fax or e-mail to National an expense receipt from one of the above mentioned members and request the $175 reimbursement.
Discuss with Laura if you have;
• A board meeting you wish for her to observe during the same meeting timeframe;
• A public seminar fundraising idea with other meetings industry organizations (ASTD, MPI, SHRM, IMC, Toastmasters, ASAE chapters, etc.);
• A media opportunity (television, radio, newspapers, bookstores) to promote the chapter.
1. Cool Productivity Tools: Using Technology to Stay Organized, Efficient, and Connected. Laura will bring and show-n-tell her hardware, software, accessories, gadgets, and favorite vendors/websites that make her office hum like a well-oiled machine.
• Buy the right hardware.
• Make sure your software syncs and runs efficiently.
• Watch video and audio demos, step-by-step.
• Automate manual processes.
• Do things more quickly, reduce keystrokes, tighten up a process, and be more efficient.
• Discover websites that will save you time and money.
2. Organizing the Speaker’s Office: Setting up Your Systems for Success. Are you slowly drowning in a sea of paper and email? Does the sight of your messy office frustrate you? If you're disorganized, your speaking business won’t run smoothly. You will learn the systems you’ll need to succeed in the speaking business:
• Follow an engagement through the process of booking, contracting, preparing, and traveling.
• Stay organized while on the road.
• Be efficient with email.
• Set up your client files, reference files, subject files, and records.
• Track projects and ideas, plus book and speech content.
• Organize electronic information, internet, and research data.
• File and retrieve active work-in-progress.
3. Mastering the World of Professional Relationships in the Speaking Business. Having a high level of professional awareness in the speaking business requires you to be work closely with related professional associations and information sources. We'll discuss the "Delightful Dozen" professional speaking relationships, why they're important, and how to move them forward:
• Meeting Industry
• Colleagues/Other Speakers
• Your Audience
• Client/Meeting Sponsor
• Suppliers/Vendors/Virtual Assistants
4. Sleeping in Your Own Bed: How to Get More Local Business and Love Staying Home! Learn marketing strategies to penetrate your local geographic market, create value for local businesses and associations, and meet your life balance goals. Learn to create value for organizations right in your own backyard. Discover the guiding principles, strategies, and tactics for penetrating your geographic area. Enjoy speaking a whole lot more…in state!
• Learn key guiding principles to booking local business.
• Discover pricing structures to make local work attractive.
• Take advantage of local networking, partnership, and referral sources.
• Find innovative strategies for marketing to local corporations and associations.
• Receive dozens of non-plane revenue ideas.
• Use PR to get the image and avoid the “Prophet in Your Own Land” syndrome.
5. Creating a Killer Brand: the Making of The Productivity Pro®
• Marketing: be totally in sync
• Image: walk the talk
• Books: put it out to the world
• PR/Media: have others say you’re an expert
• Spokesperson: be hired for your brand
• Revenue-generating partnerships: make money off your brand
6. How Speakers Can Use Video to Get Booked and Stay Booked! Laura will discuss how to use video to get more speaking business. She will demonstrate and discuss specifics and provide a bonus handout with step-by-step instructions on how to do what she’s demonstrating:
• Flip Video
• Fan page
• eSpeakers (and why you should care)
• Green screen
• 3rd Party
• WordPress video site
• Webinars hooked to shopping cart
• Book club videos
• Book trailer
• Professional videos
Laura Stack is a personal productivity expert, author, and professional speaker whose mission is to build high-performance productivity cultures in organizations by creating Maximum Results in Minimum TimeŽ. She is the president of The Productivity ProŽ, Inc., a time management training firm specializing in productivity improvement in high-stress organizations and the 2011-2012 President of the National Speakers Association. Since 1992, Laura has presented keynotes and seminars on improving output, lowering stress, and saving time in today’s workplaces. She is the bestselling author of four books: SUPERCOMPETENT; The Exhaustion Cure; Find More Time; and Leave the Office Earlier. Laura has been a spokesperson for Microsoft, 3M, Xerox, and Office Depot. She is the creator of The Productivity ProŽ planner by Day-Timer and has been featured on the CBS Early Show, CNN, and the New York Times. Her clients include Starbucks, Cisco Systems, Wal-Mart, and Bank of America. To have Laura speak at your next event, call 303-471-7401 or visit www.TheProductivityPro.com to sign up for her free monthly productivity newsletter.
(NOTE to reader: The “O” sounds in “PROductivity” and “PRO” are both pronounced as LONG “O” vowels. Pronounce them like the word “produce,” not like “product.”)
Laura Stack is the 2011-2012 national President of NSA and was the 2002-2003 President of NSA/ Colorado . For nearly 20 years, Laura has helped her clients achieve Maximum Results in Minimum Time and create high-performance cultures. She is the president of The Productivity Pro, Inc., a time management training firm in Denver , Colorado , specializing in productivity improvement in high-stress organizations. She presents keynotes and seminars on improving output, lowering stress, and saving time in today’s workplaces. She has an MBA and has been awarded the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation.
Please help me welcome CSP, Laura Stack.
Full bio: http://www.theproductivitypro.com/about.htm
Resources for Speakers: http://www.theproductivitypro.com/r_speakers.htm